The inaugural Silicon Valley Disability Thrive Day Run, Walk, Roll is a fun and engaging community event that benefits children and adults with disabilities.
Tell your friends, neighbors, colleagues and family members
- Tell everybody that you are participating in the Silicon Valley Disability Thrive Day Run, Walk, Roll to benefit children and adults with disabilities.
- Talk about the fun of preparing for the event and what a great day it is – music, food, sun!
- Recruit your friends, family, neighbors, colleagues, and anyone you know to join your team.
- Recruit people to be team cheerleaders and fund-raisers. Once they register they will get their own web page, and their fundraising will contribute to your team’s overall goal.
- If you have a company team, tell your co-workers which of your colleagues are on your team.
- Proudly announce your fundraising goals and progress via email and social media with links to the event page.
- Share Abilities United participant stories and how services have impacted their lives.
- Make your training for this event part of a weight reduction or health regimen commitment. “Bet” your friends, neighbors, colleagues and family members that you will keep up your regimen at least through March 23 the day of the event.
- Login to your personal dashboard (my home) to get started emailing your story to your network. Monitor your progress from that same page.
Use technology to share your story
- Email a short letter to everyone in your personal address book or upload your address book to our site. You will find sample emails on our event website.
- Ask others to forward your emails to their network to help you support this great cause.
- Post on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc)! Tell the world about your participation in the Silicon Valley Disability Thrive Day Run, Walk, Roll and let them track your progress as you prepare for this fantastic event
- Ask your social media network to like, share and comment on your posts.
Get support early
- Set your goal on your donation page to encourage people to donate.
- Set your fundraising goals per person or team.
- Create a friendly rivalry – challenge your colleagues, friends, neighbors, and family to compete against you.
- Double your contribution if your company matches the money you raise.
- Find out if your company makes contributions to or sponsors nonprofit events.
- Ask your team members to submit their matching gift forms as soon as possible. Matching gift pledges are counted toward your individual and team fundraising totals once we are provided with the matching gift documentation.
Questions to ask your employer
- Do we have a matching gifts program or a community donations fund?
- What do I need to do to get funding for Abilities United? What documentation do I need?
- What do I need to do to get matching gift documentation to Abilities United?