Team Captain Essentials
Thank you for registering to be a team captain for the inaugural Silicon Valley Disability Thrive Day Run, Walk, Roll! With the support of team captains like you, this event will grow to become a large community event. Your leadership helps to raise funds for the services that Abilities United offers people with developmental disabilities.
As a team captain, you will get your teammates to register, encourage them to participate, and give them details about the event.
- Serve as a point of contact between Abilities United and your team.
- Create your team’s website.
- Set goals for your team.
- Recruit anyone of any age or ability to be in the run, walk, or roll.
- Organize your team.
- Inform your teammates about the details of the event.
- Help your team with their goals, help them set up their personal web page on our site, and encourage them to check their progress.
- To start a team, first register yourself as a team captain by clicking Register.
- After filling out your own information you will see a prompt to “Create a new team” on the next step of the form.
- Set your individual goals.
- Follow the prompts to complete the registration.
- You will then have access to your own personal page and as well as the team page.
- Send email to the people you are inviting to join your team with the link for them to register as part of the team and build his/her own personal page.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-259-0160.