Why should I support Abilities United?
Founded in 1963 by 12 families whose children had intellectual disabilities, Abilities United (formerly C.A.R, Community Association for Rehabilitation), a
What is involved in being a team captain?
- Follow the guidelines established in the team captain essentials.
- Register to run, walk, roll and form your team.
- After you register the team, recruit people to join your team and help them register.
- Forward event information to them as needed.
- Coordinate your team’s attendance and participation at the event.
What are the options for joining or promoting the inaugural Silicon Valley Thrive Day Run, Walk, Roll?
- Form a team and encourage friends, family, and co-workers to join.
- Email your friends, family, colleagues, and
generalcommunity to donate to you.
- Share our event page on social media
- Encourage people you know to form a team.
- Join an existing team if you can’t form your own team.
- If you can’t run, walk, or roll join us at the event to cheer on the other participants.
- Do you know someone who may sponsor this event? Share the sponsor benefits information with them.
- Do you know another organization that may want to partner with Abilities United on this event? Share the event information with them.
How do I join an existing team?
- Go to Find a person or a team and enter the name of the person or team you wish to join.
- Click on the “Join” button and follow the registration instructions.
If you would like to run, walk, or roll but do not have a team to join, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 618-3326, and we will place you on a team.