Disability Thrive Day
March 23, 2019 | 9:30am – 1pm
Help raise awareness of the rights, independence, and inclusion of people with disabilities.
Make history with us and join our community for the inaugural Silicon Valley Disability Thrive Day!
Saturday, March 23, 2019
9:30 am – 1 pm
Mitchell Park Magical Bridge Playground
600 E Meadow Dr.
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Run, walk, or roll through the beautiful Mitchell Park course with over 200 Bay Area community members, including Abilities United participants, families, and staff. Bring your dogs too!
This energetic event will raise awareness for the rights, diversity, and inclusion of children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Join your friends, family, colleagues, other community members, and nonprofits to advance the advocacy, inclusion, and independence of children and adults with disabilities, all on a lovely spring day in the beautiful and accessible Mitchell Park in Palo Alto!
- 9:30 Participant Arrival, Welcome and Check-in for events
- 10:00 Opening remarks by dignitaries
- 10:15 5K Run/Walk starts from Magical Bridge Playground for 2 loops around the park and surrounding schools
- 10:30 2K Fun run/walk/roll diversity celebration parade loops around Mitchell Park and Library
- 11:30 Fun with Stanford Band Tree, Awards, and Recognition
- 9:30 – 1pm
- Music and dancing
Available at Mitchell Park as well as limited parking at Abilities United locations
- 525 East Charleston Road
- 3864 Middlefield Road
Secure your spot at this fun, inspiring community event. All ages and abilities are welcomed including your dogs who love to run, walk, and roll! Register now!
For more information contact
disabilitythrive@AbilitiesUnited.org or (650) 618-3326
To date: $26,000