One swim stroke at a time...
over 50 years of helping children and adults with disabilities
Team Captain Essentials
Thank you for registering to be a team captain in this year’s Aquathon! With the support of team captains like you, this event has grown to become one of Abilities United’s largest events. Your leadership helps to raise funds for the services that Abilities United offers people with developmental disabilities.
As a team captain, you will get your teammates to register, encourage them to participate, and give them details about the event. All the event and team captain information you need can be found on this site.
- Serve as a point of contact between Abilities United and your team.
- Create your team’s website.
- Set goals for your team.
- Recruit swimmers.
- Organize your team.
- Inform your teammates about the details of the event.
- Help your team with their goals, help them set up their personal web page on our site, and encourage them to check their progress.
- To start a team, first register yourself as a team captain by clicking Register.
- After filling out your own information you will see a prompt to “Create a new team” on the next step of the form.
- Set your individual goals.
- Follow the prompts to complete the registration.
- You will then have access to your own personal page and as well as the team page.
- Send email to each swimmer with the link for them to register as part of the team and build his/her own personal page.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com or call (650) 259-0160.