Happy New Year!
I am delighted to wish you a very happy and healthy 2015! We have a very exciting year ahead of us! I’ve been reflecting on all that you’ve contributed to Abilities United in 2014 and want to thank you again for all that you made possible. In 2014 we reached significant milestones including
- Three year “exemplary” accreditation status awarded by CARF, the national rehabilitation services accreditation commission
- “Agency of the year” award from the Department of Rehabilitation
- Record $480,000 raised at the Aquathon and Authors Luncheon fundraising events to sustain our “exemplary” services
- Successful completion of the 2013-2014 “United for the Future” $2 million campaign for the launch and expansion of services to meet the life-long and inclusionary needs of participants
- New or expanded partnerships include
- Stanford University social skills collaboration to benefit 100 children with and without autism
- Housing Choices Coalition collaboration to provide post-high school education and daily living skills to adults with developmental disabilities who live independently
- City of Redwood City to teach swim and water safety lessons to 400 children from 200 low-income households
- Levi’s Stadium selected Abilities United as a “partner of choice” for job placement at the stadium
You have so much to be proud of because without you, these achievements were not possible. For that, I can not thank you enough.
Throughout 2015, I will share with you the progress we make on the launch of our 2015-2018 strategic plan to even further increase the quality of our services and the impact made on the thousands of individuals our services benefit. The strategic imperatives you’ll learn more about are:
- Seamless transition among Abilities United services throughout participants’ life
- Facilities redevelopment to strengthen our ability to meet the needs of the people we serve
- Strengthen the Abilities United brand so it is more well-known and liked in the community
- Financial sustainability for Abilities United services
So as we close the door on the past year, we open the door to a new year full of promise and progress. I wish you all a very happy new year and look forward to you being a part of the milestones Abilities United reaches in 2015.
Wishing you and your family all the best in 2015!