Ways to give
There are many ways to help!Donate Online
Send a check with a completed donation form to:
525 East Charleston Road
Palo Alto, CA 94306
One of the mutually-beneficial ways to support Abilities United is to make a stock donation. You will not pay capital gains tax on any appreciated securities that are transferred directly to Abilities United. To transfer stock or securities, please follow these instructions:
Donor Advised Funds
If your donor advised fund is not available in the above choices, please contact the fund directly to make a transfer to Abilities United.
A special way for your gift to have a lasting impact is to include Abilities United in your estate planning.
An up-to-date estate plan can help you serve your family and avoid probate, court conservatorship, legal fees and taxes. The same estate plan that protects you and your family can provide a tax-deductible gift to Abilities United. With some simple planning, you can:
- Leave a portion of your retirement plan to Abilities United and avoid both the income tax and estate tax that might otherwise be due.
- Add a bequest to Abilities United in your will or living trust for a fixed amount, a percentage, or a specific asset.
- Create a named fund to honor your family or a loved one, linking your name with the work of Abilities United.
You can also gain immediate tax and income benefits when you arrange for a future gift to Abilities United.
- Choose a charitable gift annuity that provides fixed, guaranteed payments for your life and also a current income tax deduction.
- Create a charitable remainder trust that enables you to sell real estate or stock tax-free; receive both an immediate income tax deduction and income for life.
Your endowment gift can provide a lifetime of care for Abilities United. An endowment gift:
- Provides a meaningful, lasting legacy
- Secures the continuity of Abilities United services
- Reduces your income and estate taxes
Corporate and foundation grants provide funding to help sustain existing programs and launch new services or projects. We rely on grants to fund these operational improvements. Generous support from past grantors have made it possible for Abilities United to add and improve services needed by people with developmental disabilities, including the following:
- Renovation of the classroom, bathroom, and accessible playground for Milestones Preschool
- Start-up funds for Community Connections
- Creation of Computer Education services
- Renovation of kitchens for Independent Living Skills training
- Ongoing support for Employment Services to keep adults employed
- Bilingual staff, family and marriage counselor, and therapists for Children’s Services
Corporate sponsorship of an Abilities United event provides you or your company with widespread visibility in the Bay Area. You become a supporter for the rights of people with developmental and physical disabilities who play, live, and work alongside their friends, neighbors, and coworkers throughout the community. We invite your sponsorship, which gives you a unique way to reach thousands of individuals in the Bay Area while ensuring that people with disabilities have access to the training, education, and support they need to lead the lives they choose.
The Authors Luncheon draws 600 people from throughout the Bay Area to support services for persons with disabilities while they enjoy meeting and hearing best-selling, acclaimed authors.
Abilities United is now affiliated with the nonprofit Gatepath and you can make your vehicle donation through Charitable Auto Resources, Inc. (CARS™) by completing this online form or contacting 877-525-4483 (877-525-GIVE) for further information.
Abilities United® is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donation is tax-deductible as provided by law. Abilities United Federal Tax ID Number is 94 -1546643. All financial and tax decisions should be discussed with your professional advisors. Abilities United keeps all personal donor information confidential.