Authors Luncheon 2017
Join us for our 26th annual Authors Luncheon!
Meet four fabulous authors at the annual Abilities United Authors Luncheon. Over 600 book lovers gather to hear renowned authors discuss their latest works and share their literary inspiration. Hear for yourself what has made this one of the most anticipated and beloved fundraising events.
The Authors Luncheon sells out each year! You won’t want to miss this entertaining and dynamic fundraiser for Abilities United!
Saturday, November 4
10:30 am – 3 pm
Crowne Plaza Cabaña Hotel
4290 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA
Proceeds from sponsorship, ticket, and book sales benefit the thousands of individuals and families who receive therapeutic, educational, and support services at Abilities United. To learn more about the benefits you, your company or book club will receive as a sponsor of the event, or to purchase tickets, contact us via email or call 650-618-3304.
Your contributions ensure that we have a very successful and record-breaking 26th Annual Authors Luncheon.
- 10:30 am – Book sales, espresso and no-host drinks, live music, art silent auction
- 11:00 am – Author Signing
- 11:30 am – Ballroom seating opens
- 12:00 pm – Welcome and luncheon
- 12:30 pm – Abilities United presentation
- 12:45 pm – Fund-a-future
- 1:00 pm – Author presentations
- 2:00 pm – Book sales, signing, and art silent auction continues
Best-selling author and nationally syndicated advice columnist
Featured Book: Strangers Tend to Tell Me Things: A Memoir of Love, Loss and Coming Home, her best-selling memoir about finding your way home again
Amy Dickinson writes the nationally syndicated advice column, Ask Amy, featured in more than 150 newspapers including the San Jose Mercury News. Her column is read by an estimated 22 million readers daily. She brings her own special blend of wit and wisdom to her columns, doling out advice that is sometimes empathetic… sometimes sassy… but always entertaining. A profile in Atlantic Magazine notes “A day spent reading Dickinson’s letters is both a reminder of the universality of human experience and a barometer of cultural trends.”
For more than a decade, Amy has been a featured panelist on National Public Radio’s comedy quiz show, Wait Wait, Don’t Tell Me. She is also a sought-after speaker, delivering inspiring and comic stories of her adventures and misadventures to groups around the country.
In addition to her current memoir, Amy is also the author of The Mighty Queens of Freeville: A Story of Surprising Second Chances, a chronicle of her experiences as a single mother.
Coming soon, three more authors to be announced!
Thank you to our 2016 sponsors
25th Anniversary Sponsors ($25,000)
- Anonymous Friends
Award Winner Sponsors ($20,000)
- Anonymous Foundation
Best Seller Sponsors ($10,000 – $19,999)
- Carrie Anderson
- Laurie T. Jarrett
- Chris Kenrick
- Rachel and Simon Segars
- Sereno Group – Palo Alto
- Carol and Mike Shealy
- Anonymous Friends
First Edition Sponsors ($5,000 - $9,999)
- Breaking Glass Forums
- Nancy Drapkin
- Ellen and Tom Ehrlich
- El Camino Hospital
- Ellen Jones
- Mary and David Kabakov
- Sandi and John Thompson
- Wilson Sonsini, Goodrich and Rosati Foundation
- Bill and Brenda Younger
Choice Chapter Sponsors ($3,000 - $4,999)
- Leslie and Doug Ballinger
- Frank Berry, Jr.
- Bolton & Company
- Carolyn Brennan
- Tom and Wallace Brunner
- Claudia Claussen
- Alex Hua and Timothy Coogan
- Julie Davis
- Rosemary and Alain Enthoven
- Goldman Sachs
- John and Jennifer Wagstaff Hinton
- Wende and Tom Hutton
- Iris and Hal Korol in Honor of Susan Korol Pey
- Ginger and Doug Levick, III
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
- Microsoft Corporation
- Karen Moore and Peter Watkins
- Judith and David Richardson
- Suzy and Robert Redfern-West
- Mary Weersing
- Elizabeth Wolf
Friends ($1,500 - $2,999)
- Sara and Mike Hammond
- Ishrag Khababa
- Richard and Carol Doup Muller
- David Ritson
- Dianne Schilling
- Michael and Margie Scott Tucker
Supporters ($500 - $1,499)
- Laura Barton-Holding
- Shirley K. Bob
- Diana and Barrett Bryan
- The Honorable Alden and Ann Danner
- Thomas Dunlop
- First Republic Bank – Gigi Kubursi
- Michele and Michael Greenfield, M.D.
- Leannah Hunt
- Dorothy Lazier
- Helen and Leopold Pivk, Jr.
- Presidio Bank
- Progressive Benefit Group
- Gina and Michael Rayfield
- Allene Sieling
- Anne Vitullo
Book Sales Sponsor
All book purchases made from this Books Inc. link will benefit Abilities United all year long.