team captain essentials
Thank you for volunteering to be a team captain in this year’s Aquathon! With your support, this has grown to become one of Abilities United’s largest fundraising events. Your leadership helps to support the programs that Abilities United offers our community.
As a team captain, you are responsible for getting your team to register, encouraging them in their fundraising, and getting them to the event. All the information you need can be found on this site.
- Serve as a point of contact between Abilities United and your team.
- Register your team's website and help each swimmer to register if needed.
- Recruit swimmers.
- Set fundraising goals for your team to help meet Abilities United's $175,000 goal.
- Organize your team and keep the swimmers informed.
- Help your team with their fundraising, help them set up their personal web page on our site, and encourage them to check their progress.
- Help recruit additional teams to participate in the event.
Register your team online through this site and set up your website. After the team website has been set up, each swimmer should register online as part of the team and can build his/her personal page.
Gold and Silver Corporate Sponsors - Display Corporate Banner
Show off your corporate spirit and have your corporate banner hung on the day of the Aquathon! Your HR or Community Relations department are likely contacts for borrowing the banner. It is the corporation’s responsibility to bring their corporate banner to Abilities United, 525 East Charleston Road in Palo Alto, no later than Wednesday, September 4. It is also the corporation’s responsibility to remove the banner at the event’s conclusion. For additional information please contact Jo Bailard at (650) 618-3331 or Jo@AbilitiesUnited.org.
print this page (PDF)