Abilities United Computer Education provides you fun, individualized lessons for you to develop and enhance your academic, computer and life skills with an emphasis on computer and Internet safety.
You will receive an evaluation and assessment to determine your needs to help you make the most effective, efficient and safe use of computer technology.
Classes can be scheduled based on your needs during daytime, evenings and weekend hours at an Abilities United location or at your home. If you are a parent or teacher, we can train you to use the software so you can teach in your own home or classroom.
You receive personalized attention in a private or small group lesson(no more than 4 persons per class). Materials and instruction are provided at reasonable rates. Contact 650-618-3390 or email for pricing.
Accessible computer technology
Your computer is wheelchair accessible and equipped with specially designed keyboards, mice and monitors to accomodate limited range of motion, visual and hearing
impairment, or other special needs.
Courses developed by experts
Software used by Abilities United is specially designed for people with disabilities or accessibility challenges. A variety of educational software packages designed by education specialists are utilized to teach the various skill sets.
Abilities United computer instructors are skilled in working with people with special needs and all ability levels.
Areas of Study
You may choose one or multiple classes, depending on your needs and wants.
This is an introductory class with a focus on utilizing computers for daily work and entertainment, as well as the use of input devices such as a computer mouse, keyboard, joystick,
touch screen, roller ball, etc. You'll learn common ways to maximize your use of your computer including:
• Input device usage
• Access and store data on disk drives
• Program and folder access on desktop
• Internet safety (e-mail, social media, banking, shopping, etc.)
• File and folder creation
• Search engines
Advanced computer activities that you can chose from include:
• Basic programming using Scratch, a free programming language and online community where you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations.
• Digital art techniques and tutorials to create original digital art work in a variety of software programs. Art techniques include drawing, painting, coloring, cartooning and
enhancements to original artwork.
• Explore, learn, develop and use words and phrases appropriate for your home, community, education and recreation programs.
• Create communication aids (visual supports)
Note: This class is appropriate for students and care providers.
• Literacy and comprehension
• Advanced literacy and comprehension appropriate for college level writing assignments
Basic math concept instruction include:
• Numbers and Operations
Daily Living Skills
• Coin and bill recognition
• Equivalent value between coins and bills
• "Dollar up" strategy
• Making change
Banking and Budgeting
• Money cycle
• Savings and checking accounts
• Online banking
• Bill paying
• Credit cards and loans
• Conduct job searches
• Research company background information
• Submit application letters and resumes online
• Print hard copy applications
Time and Calendar
• Basic time telling - hours, half hours, and quarter hours
• Advanced time telling - hours and minutes
• Creating and maintaining a virtual calendar
For more information about Computer Education,
contact 650-618-3390 or email
Location: 3864 Middlefield Road in Palo Alto
Connect with us