Abilities United Betty Wright Aquatic Services are provided by experienced aquatic rehabilitative and fitness professionals dedicated to providing evidence-based health and wellness programming throughout the continuum of services, for all abilities, ages and stages of life.
• Vision driven. Betty Wright started her aquatics program in the 1950’s because she believed that water was the “great equalizer” for people of all ages and abilities. We are committed to continuing Betty Wright's vision of community inclusion for people of all abilities through water exercise and therapy.
• Professional aquatic staff. All staff are Red Cross lifeguard certified and trained to work with people with and without disabilities. Personal trainers are American College of Sports Medicine® (ACSM) certified. Additional staff includes a licensed physical therapist, massage therapist, and ATRI (Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation Institute) certified practitioners trained in rehabilitation techniques for stroke, Parkinson’s, spinal cord injury, chronic pain, and cerebral palsy. They offer a broad range of aquatic technique skills including Bad Ragaz, Watsu, AquaStretch, and the Halliwick method.
• Warm-water, accessible pools. All of our aquatic services are provided in warm-water, wheelchair accessible pools throughout the Peninsula and South Bay.
• Individualized service to meet your needs. We offer customized treatment based on your personal needs and a team approach to ensure that your needs are met by the professional aquatic staff.
• Convenient scheduling. Your personal schedule can be accommodated through our flexible appointment times.